Spiel des Jahres 2018 award winner
Die Quacksalber von Quedlinburg by Wolfgang Warsch.
Kinderspiel des Jahres 2018 award winner
The winner of Kinderspiel des Jahres 2018 has been revealed. This prestigious award recognizes the game of the year for children. Funkelschatz by Lena and Günter Burkhardt (Haba) has won the award, beating the two othe finalists: Emojito by Urtis Šulinskas (¡Huch!) and Panic Mansion by Asger Sams Granerud and Daniel Skjold Pedersen (Asmodee).
Nominations for “Spiel des Jahres” 2018
Today it’s been announced the nominations for Spiel des Jahres (German Game of the Year). The known as the Oscar prize for board games.
The 3 nominations for Spiel des Jahres are:
- Azul by Michael Kiesling. Publisher: Next Move/Plan B Games.
- Luxor by Rüdiger Dorn. Publisher: Queen Games.
- The mind by Wolfgang Warsch. Publisher: Nüremberger-Spieltaken-Verlag (NSV).
The winner will be announced on July 23rd 2018 in Berlin.
It’s been also announced the nominations for Kinderspiel des Jahres 2018 (Children’s Game of the Year 2018). Theye are:
- Emojito by Urtis Šulinskas. Publisher: ¡Huch!
- Funkelschatz by Lena and Günter Burkhardt. Publisher: Haba.
- Panic Mansion by Asger Sams Granerud and Daniel Skjold Pedersen. Publisher: Asmodee.
In that case, the winner will be announced on June 11th 2018 in Hamburg.
And there’s also and extra category for “Kennerspiel des Jahres” (“Connoisseur-gamer Game of the Year”). In that category the nominations are for:
- Die Quacksalber von Quedlinburg byWolfgang Warsch. Publisher: Schmidt Spiele
- Ganz schön clever by Wolfgang Warsch. Publisher: Schmidt Spiele
- Heaven & Ale by Michael Kiesling and Andreas Schmidt. Publisher: Eggertspiele
The award for this category will be announced the same date as the Game of the Year.
Which one do you think will be the winner?
Registration period for Jokos 2018 is now open
Starting today, the exhibitors area to assist Jokos is open. The world of board games will have its epicenter in Sabadell (Barcelona) on September 22nd and 23rd.
It is a unique opportunity to make your company or projects known to the Spanish gamer community. The event is an ideal showcase to present the novelties of the sector and to collect firsthand the opinion of the fans.
Green light for Jokos
After months of preparation, great enthusiasm and dedication, we are proud to announce the first international tableware fair in Spain – Jokos!More than 5,000 square meters with the largest representation of exhibitors of board games in our country with their respective games and releases. In addition we have prepared a wide range of tournaments that will be announced in the coming weeks.